Re: glibc 2.24 --- Release on August 1st (hard deadline).

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 09:26:15AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> This request is not out of line with the expected schedule. The
> glibc schedule is nominally February 1st / August 1st (after
> having shifted it to avoid the holiday season, starting with 2.19
> in 2014).
>
> Is everyone OK with an August 1st 2016 release date?

Personally, I'd like to see us stick better to a solid release
schedule like the above, as it would also help me slot things into
the Ubuntu release timelines, so no complaints here.  As you point
out, it'll make this cycle slightly shorter than 6mo, but if we
keep a time-based schedule going forward, it should work well.

... Adam