Re: Migrating web page back to sourceware.org?

On 02/19/2016 12:58 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Community,
>
> The Savannah.org website update mechanism is unable to robustly
> handle the automation we use to update the glibc manual during
> releases.
>
> See this bug:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?108855
>
> Given the bug, and my desire to avoid manually updating the
> documentation whenever we have changes, I'm going to recommend
> we move the website back to sourceware.org where we can just
> commit things as expected with no push delay and thus get
> a robust automated update.
>
> Is anyone opposed to move the website back to sourceware.org?
>
> We will redirect from gnu.org back to sourceware.org like we
> had in the past before we migrated to Savannah.org. I would
> like to have stayed on Savannah.org, but the broken sync
> is a blocker for me. I've asked if there is anything we can
> do to help fix the broken sync scripts.

After working with the gnu.org admins we've gotten the sync
scripts working. If we have any more problems I know exactly
who to contact and how to work it out in detail. In the meantime
the entire system is being migrated from cvs to git (yay!).

Therefore there will be no migration back to sourceware.org.

Cheers,
Carlos.