Re: make tests process failures using cross-test-ssh

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 22:50 +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>
> > It looks like this function runs localedef on the target machine
> > when using cross-test-ssh.sh but then it runs touch on the
> > host machine to make sure the file exists and that the timestamp
> > is good.  That touch is failing because the host machine does
> > not see the file that was created.  The file is there, I can see
> > if after looking for it after the make fails and the path to it
> > is the same on the host and target machines.  I have also verified
> > that both the host and target machines are running nntp and that
> > the times are in sync (to some level of accuracy).
>
> Try making the mounts use acdirmax=0,acdirmin=0 (I'm not sure why that
> should help with the precise symptoms you mention, but I've known it to
> help with some NFS coherency issues in testing in the past).  (I'm
> assuming that the NFS file server is the system on which you're running
> "make check"; both systems using NFS from a third system may have other
> problems.)

I am using NFS from a third system on both the host and target machines.
Basically the easiest way to do this type of testing was for me to do
the build on my home directory which is NFS mounted on all machines from
a shared NFS server.

It looks like the second error is coming from the $(evaluate-test)
command in gen-locales.mk.  I put in some echo statements there and if I
put one after $(evaluate_tests) then the non-zero from $(evaluate-test)
gets ignored and make did not abort.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com