This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] elf/elf.h: Add new 386 and X86_64 relocations from binutils.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 05:55:54 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] elf/elf.h: Add new 386 and X86_64 relocations from binutils.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1453985706-30030-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrowqzSm5dsYmfUnfu+sxPh0_71GC1UBJNuJxtOXk5RwA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160129085359 dot GF2721 at blokker dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOpQsYJ0LA9=zUJ6_+_d6gnExCFVFD+HPFMkUXEPM+8uWQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
----- Original Message -----
> > OK, if we cannot reuse them, then it makes sense to just add them
> > and mark them deprecated in the comments. Then at least we got the
> > name and number for tools to recognize them.
> I prefer to leave them out since tools won't know how to handle them if
> they haven't known already.
OK, fair enough. I pushed the original change that leaves them out and
only mentions them in the comments as reserved.