Re: glibc 2.23 --- Hard freeze starting

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> Finally we need to set what kind of last minute bugfixes should be allowed
> or not.  I noted some testcases fixes because of mantainers started to
> tests and check on the failures.  This potentially invalidate some
> previous tests from other architectures, however they are still required
> due the flawed test itself.  I am usually inclined to accept such changes.

Obviously the sorts of bug fixes that get backported to release branches
after release should also be acceptable during the freeze (but maybe not
if it's a fix we'd want to leave for a while on master for stabilization
before backporting).  Architecture-specific fixes should generally be
acceptable at the discretion of the architecture maintainers.  We should
generally accept fixes for build breakage (including any build issues with
unreleased GCC and binutils versions, and including build failures for
testsuite code), and I think fixes for issues that show as testsuite
failures in some configurations but with extra care about the risks that
such fixes break things in other configurations.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com