Re: [patch] Fix "make check" failure to build on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov@google.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Adhemerval Zanella
> <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> Is this tied to an specific make/binutils/gcc version that only shows itself
>> on Ubuntu 14.04?
>
> That seems likely

I looked some more. What's happening is that this gcc driver adds
'--as-needed' at the beginning of the link command line. With that
--as-needed there, the problem reproduces with current trunk  binutils
(and probably any other version of binutils).

You should be able to reproduce this as well with:

  gcc -Wl,--as-needed ./foo.so t.c

P.S. To be clear, I don't care if this patch goes in after the hard
freeze is lifted, though it's trivially correct and may help anyone
with similarly configured GCC.

--
Paul Pluzhnikov