Re: RFC: deprecate sys/sysmacros.h inclusion from sys/types.h

On 01/11/2016 10:16 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On 12/21/2015 03:31 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

>>> Ping.  The patch at
>>> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-11/msg00452.html> is awaiting
>>> review.
>>
>> Ping.
>
> Ping.
>
> My hacking time is very limited right now. With the freeze looming, I
> would appreciate a definitive yes-or-no answer to whether this is wanted
> in the next release (possibly with some concrete list of changes) so I
> know whether I need to find time in the near future.

I would like this to go into 2.24.

The reason I say this is that we're very close to a Fedora release and
I would like time to put the deprecation code into Rawhide to get the
developers to cleanup their code there.

For example, 2.23 would go out without these patches, then after we reopen
for 2.24 (Feb), we put the patches in, then we get 6 months of cleanup in
Rawhide, and 2.24 goes out the door with the deprecation macros.
Then 2.25 has the changes made in complete.

Thoughts?

I appreciate the consideration you'd be giving to the Fedora distribution
schedule.

Cheers,
Carlos.