Re: AW: Specific Linux syscalls for glibc API

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Warlich, Christof wrote:

> On 11/17/2015 05:34 PM, Joseph Myers wrote
>
> > Following recent discussions of API sources for glibc, I propose that we
> > consider the following Linux syscalls and related interfaces appropriate
> > for the OS-independent GNU API, should someone post patches implementing
> > them (possibly only for Linux),
>
> As I am particularly interested in having pthread_gettid_np() added, would it
> help to send a patch just to add that function (and its documentation) at this
> point in time? AFAICT, this patch would be rather trivial, so I somewhat doubt

No, since there is no consensus yet on the general questions of what is
OS-independent and where OS-specific syscall interfaces should go.
Providing new insights for that general discussion is what would be useful
at present.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com