Re: [Patch] Remove warnings from timezone build when using latest GCC

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015, Steve Ellcey  wrote:

> So my question is, what do we want to do in glibc?  It seems
> like there are two options, either getting the tz group to
> add unused attributes to these definitions or to compile the
> timezone files with the -Wno-unused-variable option.  I am
> inclined to go with the second option and created a patch
> to do that, what do others think?

I think adding the option is fine as long as it works with all GCC
versions supported for building glibc (whether through being directly
recognized, or through the general support for ignoring unknown -Wno-
options if no warnings are generated) and as long as there's a comment
explaining why this option is present.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com