Re: [RFC 1/2] Add IFUNC support for MIPS (v5)

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Faraz Shahbazker wrote:
>
>> glibc suite cross-tested on mips32 little endian, summary:
>>     324 FAIL
>>    1537 PASS
>>       9 XFAIL
>> All ifunc* tests are passing.
>
> You should have far fewer than 324 FAILs.  You'll need to fix whatever the
> problem is with your test environment, or whatever has regressed since
> 2.22 release, in order to get meaningful results (similar to those
> described at <https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.22>, so maybe on
> the order of 10 FAILs, but not much more).  These results don't give any
> confidence in the patch.
>
> Has the binutils patch yet been checked in?  Until the binutils patch is
> checked in and the ABI settled there doesn't seem much point in detailed
> review of the glibc changes.

This is my fault.  I thought it would be much easier to review the
binutils patch after seeing how the dynamic linker would handle the
result.  (And FWIW I did find it to be very useful.)

I can understand why we'd not want the glibc patch to go in ahead
of the binutils one, but I don't see why the binutils review has
to be completed before the glibc one starts.  IMO settling the ABI
is much easier at the dynamic linker level rather than when reviewing
minutiae of bfd.

Thanks,
Richard