This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: bug fixes prompted by recent Coverity scan
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:43:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: bug fixes prompted by recent Coverity scan
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1440571321-20287-1-git-send-email-eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu> <55DD6115 dot 2040000 at redhat dot com> <55E0830A dot 8050907 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <55E47E73 dot 3070304 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer wrote:
How can we import such patches in a way that the automated ChangeLog
merging kicks in?
I haven't been following the details of the plans for glibc. For Emacs,
coreutils, etc., I use "git am" to import a patch from email. There's no
ChangeLog change to merge, since there's no ChangeLog under git control; the
ChangeLog is computed automatically from the git commit log (which is part of
the email). I hope glibc will become just as easy to deal with.