This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix memory leak in printf_positional
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 21:35:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix memory leak in printf_positional
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1440571295-20230-1-git-send-email-eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508260930500 dot 26898 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55DFB7C7 dot 50307 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508281350520 dot 5939 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55E06924 dot 2000209 at redhat dot com> <CALoOobMkGafD9zvq9g13TM8_Nd+HmC58_8gMGTQhdefXpko3CA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150830042956 dot GA3968 at domone>
On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 9:29 PM, OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> wrote:
> There is also problem what this would catch, as in future a problem
> could be with 65536 arguments or other magical constant this isn't that
> much useful.
Sorry, you lost me.
The test case catches the existing bug that the patch at the start of
this thread fixes.
I am sure there other bugs that this test doesn't catch, and I am sure
there could be new bugs in the future that require more arguments to
catch. I don't think these are good reasons not to have a test.