This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 5/8] Move i486/pthread_spin_trylock.S to pthread_spin_trylock.S
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/8] Move i486/pthread_spin_trylock.S to pthread_spin_trylock.S
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826173721 dot GF21261 at intel dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508261800370 dot 13146 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOp7zoMCsMLY2WoEucLKkrR6oJZg9XDJa2S-OJmfA08C8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <1440622616 dot 30828 dot 46 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <20150826210102 dot 47F1A2C39E3 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1440623253 dot 30828 dot 48 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain>
> I don't disagree with that -- I simply hadn't paid attention to the
> wider set of changes, and moving the file around seemed like a good
> opportunity to try to get rid of custom asm.
It is indeed a good reminder to look at such files and think about removing
them. If you proposed patches to remove some such files right now, they
would probably get consensus very quickly.