This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Make strcmp optimized for SSE2 with unaligned load/store as default
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make strcmp optimized for SSE2 with unaligned load/store as default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOqgek-2_GfDeFYdHpHvvt0RodUCOBrb-0nKMiCEd62ycg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Making ld.so use the same code as libc should be a separate change from
anything changing anything about the strcmp implementation itself. The
latter is billed as a performance improvement and so needs a report about
the benchmarks or other performance analysis that justify it.