This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 6/7] Use SSE optimized strcmp in x86-64 ld.so
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 07:35:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/7] Use SSE optimized strcmp in x86-64 ld.so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150825122408 dot GE1588 at gmail dot com> <20150825140022 dot GA19842 at domone>
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 7:00 AM, OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 05:24:08AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> Since ld.so preserves vector registers now, we can SSE optimized strcmp
>> in x86-64 ld.so.
>> OK for master?
> Not completely, while I agree that we should use optimized strcmp I
> think that better default would be strcmp_sse2_unaligned.
> Its best for processors from core2 upwards and works everywhere as it
> uses only sse2.
> I forgot to ask about changing that when I submitted that patch.
I think it is a good idea to make strcmp_sse2_unaligned as the
default and uses __strcmp_sse2 if Fast_Unaligned_Load is