This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: requiring GCC >= 4.7 to build glibc
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:00:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: requiring GCC >= 4.7 to build glibc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508201344140 dot 30940 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508242014240 dot 23857 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 08/24/2015 01:28 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
I think we can be less conservative about
version requirements for GCC and binutils than for the Linux kernel.
My two cents: I'd be more aggressive than what you proposed last week.
GCC 4.8 is no longer actively maintained upstream, right? So it should
be OK to require 4.9
Admittedly I'm more of a bleeding-edge guy....