This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix tabort usage in syscalls
- From: "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:33:27 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix tabort usage in syscalls
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55C4C152 dot 8030506 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
"Paul E. Murphy" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Fix usage of tabort in generated syscalls. r0 has special meaning
> when used with this instruction, thus it will not generate
> persistent errors, nor return an error code. This mitigates poor
> CPU usage when performing elided critical sections.
> Additionally, transactions should be aborted when entering a user
> invoked syscall. Otherwise the results of the transaction may be
This patch looks very good in theory, but it seems your mail client broke the
patch and git is now complaining.
Could you send a new version, please?