This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: sellcey at imgtec dot com, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:04:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437496279 dot 19674 dot 126 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <1437507995 dot 19674 dot 136 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AEA71B dot 2020405 at redhat dot com> <1437509796 dot 19674 dot 138 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <55AEB7FF dot 1000405 at redhat dot com> <1437518197 dot 19674 dot 152 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20150721224637 dot 1E0102C3B32 at topped-with-meat dot com> <55AF30A1 dot 2030402 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <1439914341 dot 16261 dot 29 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508181618240 dot 17603 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1439915115 dot 16261 dot 32 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
Steve Ellcey wrote:
I put the old and new
code segments in a small test program and compiled it on MIPS (32 and 64
bit modes) and verified that the generated code was identical for both
versions in that setting.
That's good enough for me. I installed the patch.
Wasn't there a similar problem with DT_EXTRATAGIDX? See, for example: