Re: [RFC] Dynamic lock elision support

Hi,

Andi Kleen has sent some patches to add tunables for lock elision with
NPTL algorithms:

http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4358/
http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4355/
http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4356/
http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4359/
http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4357/
http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4361/
http://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/4360/

But he has not yet ping or followed up with these.  I also would prefer
to add tunable to be as platform agnostic as possible, since we have
3 architectures that support LE (x86, ppc, zarch).  So I would suggest
you work on this options and/or adjust the patch on these.

Also, we may want to avoid a configure flag and enable LE support as
default for powerpc, but disable as default (enabled through env. vars
as Andi Kleen patchset).