This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove incorrect register mov in floorf on x86_64
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, hjl dot tools at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:01:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove incorrect register mov in floorf on x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150814103330 dot GA15748 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20150814111204 dot GA20519 at domone> <20150814111949 dot GK24813 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 04:49:49PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 01:12:04PM +0200, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> > It isn't incorrect, just dead move. Ok for me.
> No, it loads an arbitrary value (we don't know what is in %rax at that
> point) into %rdx and overwrites the struct address.
sorry, i somewhat looked at moving function address and thought its
overwriting it. you are rigth.