This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Consensus around kernel syscall wrappers?
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 21:37:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Consensus around kernel syscall wrappers?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55CCF8C6 dot 3060007 at redhat dot com>
On 08/13/2015 10:06 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Have we achieved consensus on the kernel syscall wrappers?
I think it's worth adding another point, that the sole arbiter of the
Linux API is Linus' kernel tree. Which means we won't wrap system calls
(or ioctl constants) related to non-mainline extensions.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security