This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:19:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150805152109 dot 2FDA114B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com> <mqs78o$a16$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <55D1E207 dot 30203 at panix dot com> <20150817135629 dot GE1584 at vapier> <55D20B19 dot 9030303 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508171652580 dot 29836 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55D214C3 dot 4010305 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 08/17/2015 12:53 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >> One of the big benefits of -Wundef -Werror was to prevent this kind
> >> of error from happening. We made the build use -Wundef, and that way
> >> if you failed to define the right things in Versions it would fail
> >> the build (see the problem we had with librt symbols in 2.18 that
> >> prompted the entire -Wundef work).
> >> How was Zack able to build glibc at all?
> > We never removed -Wno-error=undef, because while we got the glibc build
> > itself clean from -Wundef warnings, we didn't achieve that for the
> > testsuite.
> Dag nabit. OK, I guess I know what I'm doing for 2.23.
I think Zack's misc/Versions patch plus my two testsuite patches are
sufficient to eliminate -Wundef warnings on x86_64 and x86 (though I
haven't done a build with -Wno-error=undef removed to make sure).
Joseph S. Myers