This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:07:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150805152109 dot 2FDA114B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com> <mqs78o$a16$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <55D1E207 dot 30203 at panix dot com> <20150817135629 dot GE1584 at vapier> <55D20B19 dot 9030303 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508171652580 dot 29836 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 08/17/2015 12:53 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> One of the big benefits of -Wundef -Werror was to prevent this kind
>> of error from happening. We made the build use -Wundef, and that way
>> if you failed to define the right things in Versions it would fail
>> the build (see the problem we had with librt symbols in 2.18 that
>> prompted the entire -Wundef work).
>> How was Zack able to build glibc at all?
> We never removed -Wno-error=undef, because while we got the glibc build
> itself clean from -Wundef warnings, we didn't achieve that for the
Dag nabit. OK, I guess I know what I'm doing for 2.23.