This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
glic manual - missing content - "HTML - one web page per node."
- From: Tilman Kranz <t dot kranz at tk-sls dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 01:23:40 +0200
- Subject: glic manual - missing content - "HTML - one web page per node."
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear sir or madam,
(in the hope that this is the correct contact for such a report)
the version "HTML - one web page per node." of the glibc manual
as it is referenced for example on this page:
with this (defunct) link:
is missing (404).
While I do not require that version of the manual per se,
I could not help but notice that this also creates many
broken search results for search terms about glibc concepts,
terminology and functions in web search engines like Google.
I found it regrettable if this technical glitch diverted
casual web users away from the manual, possibly towards
less free, and surely less authoritative sources.