This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove incorrect register mov in floorf on x86_64
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, hjl dot tools at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 16:49:49 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove incorrect register mov in floorf on x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150814103330 dot GA15748 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20150814111204 dot GA20519 at domone>
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 01:12:04PM +0200, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> It isn't incorrect, just dead move. Ok for me.
No, it loads an arbitrary value (we don't know what is in %rax at that
point) into %rdx and overwrites the struct address.