This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Consensus around kernel syscall wrappers?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:29:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: Consensus around kernel syscall wrappers?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55CCF8C6 dot 3060007 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Have we achieved consensus on the kernel syscall wrappers?
I don't think there was consensus on any cases other than those where the
syscall is added to the OS-independent GNU API. In
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-05/msg00764.html> I suggested
treating Linux as a source of APIs like BSD and SysV were in the past but
don't think that part of the discussion got any further.
Joseph S. Myers