This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: 2.22: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE))' failed.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz <arekm at maven dot pl>
- Cc: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 16:07:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: 2.22: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE))' failed.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201508060718 dot 36693 dot arekm at maven dot pl> <20150811105458 dot GA21448 at domone> <55C9DCB2 dot 8050900 at archlinux dot org> <201508131553 dot 18256 dot arekm at maven dot pl>
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 03:53:18PM +0200, Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz wrote:
> I've blamed glibc-locale_fixes.patch because dropping it "fixed" the
> problem... but new build was already being made with glibc 2.22 installed
> environment and that actually "fixed" the problem. In the end that patch is
> not guilty.
> > I have seen several reports of this in Arch Linux when people use locale
> > definition files make with localdef from glibc-2.22 on a system with
> > glibc-2.21.
> Not the other way around? glibc 2.22 with locales made with old 2.21
We only support localedef from same version of glibc. So both cause problems.