This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 00/27] S390: Optimize string, wcsmbs and memory functions.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:16:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/27] S390: Optimize string, wcsmbs and memory functions.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1435930721-27922-1-git-send-email-stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <mpsp8u$e1j$2 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 12:41:34PM +0200, Stefan Liebler wrote:
> ping after release 2.22.
> ok to commit?
> Regarding to the wide-string enhancements for tests/benchtests
>From performance side I don't have more comments, it looks like nice
instruction set. However I couldn't review this on correctness side so
who could check assembly for that?
As benchmarks I will shortly post link to next iteration of dryrun
framework on this list. It allows to collect call traces and replay
functions with same arguments. While not as accurate directly measuring
timing information of new implementations it gives good approximation of
what improvement you will actually get. So could you after I post it
also run it?