This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] iconv_prog: Track if invalid sequences were seen.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Benjamin Herr <ben at 0x539 dot de>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:30:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] iconv_prog: Track if invalid sequences were seen.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1439158464-18443-1-git-send-email-ben at 0x539 dot de> <1439158464-18443-3-git-send-email-ben at 0x539 dot de>
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015, Benjamin Herr wrote:
> As far as I can tell, Posix requires that "The presence or absence of -c
> shall not affect the exit status of iconv." iconv_prog needs to be more
> vigilant to not clobber the variable tracking whether it has skipped an
> invalid input sequence.
It sounds like there was a bug here that was user-visible in releases. If
so, there should be a bug report filed in Bugzilla for it, and the fix
should add a testcase that fails before and passes after the fix.
Joseph S. Myers