Re: Possible bug in fortified stpncpy

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> (Is there a way to run just one subdirectory's tests?  This was tedious
> to develop, what with string.h getting used basically everywhere.)

I routinely use "make PARALLELMFLAGS=-j8 math/tests".

However, if changing a header such as string.h I think it's a good idea to
run the full glibc build and full testsuite at least once, when you
believe your patch is working.  That's the case even if you've verified
that the patch doesn't change the installed shared libraries at all (for
patches that aren't meant to change the installed libraries), because
header changes can break building testcases - I found several times when
fixing linknamespace bugs that a patch built glibc OK and passed conform/
tests but failed building a testcase in another directory.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com