This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove locale timezone information
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: keld at keldix dot com
- Cc: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, libc-locales at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 12:37:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove locale timezone information
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <556F23C9 dot 3030500 at redhat dot com> <557AE725 dot 5050104 at redhat dot com> <20150805090748 dot GH26572 at vapier> <20150805100126 dot GA11842 at www5 dot open-std dot org> <20150805102233 dot GA12350 at www5 dot open-std dot org>
> Let me explain. We would like to make the installation process easier
> for users. That is, if we can remove one more question under the installation
> process of linux, that would be a goal. If the timezone is fully determined
> by the choice of locale, then there is no need to ask for the timezone.
To make this useful the locale would need to use the Olson name, not the
POSIX name of the timezone.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."