This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.22 --- Hard freeze. Test your machines.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <leonhard dot holz at web dot de>
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:07:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.22 --- Hard freeze. Test your machines.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55B305CB dot 2090809 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1507281749400 dot 20867 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015, Joseph Myers wrote:
> I've tracked the sort-test.sh intermittent failures to:
> commit f13c2a8dff2329c6692a80176262ceaaf8a6f74e
> Author: Leonhard Holz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Tue May 12 11:37:52 2015 +0200
> Improve strcoll with strdiff.
> This patch improves strcoll hot case by finding first byte that
> mismatches. That is in likely case enough to determine comparison
> See details and deterministic reproducer in bug 18589. This is a
> regression from 2.21, though it may not need to block the release.
Leonhard, ping on this regression. Also, what email address should be
used for CC:ing you in Bugzilla? There isn't an account for
Joseph S. Myers