This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: New template for 'libc' made available
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jochen Hein <jochen at jochen dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:30:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: New template for 'libc' made available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1ZL4aK-0002H2-FJ at duik dot vrijschrift dot org> <87bnepigsb dot fsf at echidna dot jochen dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508031704500 dot 22507 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55BFB7DC dot 3090403 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508032033240 dot 14394 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 08/03/2015 04:34 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> dbg_log (_("monitored file `%s` was %s, removing watch"),
>> - finfo->fname, moved ? "moved" : "deleted");
>> + finfo->fname, moved ? _("moved") : _("deleted"));
> No, you need to have two completely separate format strings, one with
> "moved" and one with "deleted", each marked for translation, in case the
> translation of the word affects the rest of the sentence or the word needs
> translating differently in different calls to dbg_log.
Thanks. I'll fix this in 2.23 then.