This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: New template for 'libc' made available
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jochen Hein <jochen at jochen dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:06:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: New template for 'libc' made available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1ZL4aK-0002H2-FJ at duik dot vrijschrift dot org> <87bnepigsb dot fsf at echidna dot jochen dot org>
On Sun, 2 Aug 2015, Jochen Hein wrote:
> There are some new strings with `%s` instead of the usual `%s'. Is this
That seems like a bug. In fact, any use of ` as a quote in messages is a
bug that should be filed in Bugzilla (one bug covering all such cases);
the GNU Coding Standards now specify neutral quotes in the C locale.
> There are some messages that are constructed dynamically, which may or
> may not be possible to use in translations. And the dynamic strings are
> not marked for translation. For example:
Those are also bugs that should be filed in Bugzilla.
Joseph S. Myers