This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
- From: "S1, SRIKANTH (SRIKANTH)" <srikanth dot s1 at alcatel-lucent dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "A, KRISHNA PRAMOD (KRISHNA PRAMOD)" <krishna_pramod dot a at alcatel-lucent dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:53:45 +0000
- Subject: RE: glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <659E7C41D3BFC34DB635F2C3BC806B5F1B964D at SG70XWXCHMBA02 dot zap dot alcatel-lucent dot com> <55BA7B81 dot 30101 at redhat dot com> <659E7C41D3BFC34DB635F2C3BC806B5F1B9A5B at SG70XWXCHMBA02 dot zap dot alcatel-lucent dot com> <55BF1B5F dot 90902 at redhat dot com>
I think we haven't run glibc test suite, This was the configure options that were used.
../glibc-2.15/configure CFLAGS="-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -fno-stack-protector -O2" LD="arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld" AR="arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ar" AS="arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as" --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --build=$(../glibc-2.15/scripts/config.guess) --with-headers=/vobs/fbsr_qualcomm/make/current/sysroot/usr/include --disable-sanity-checks --prefix=/
From: Florian Weimer [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 1:12 PM
To: S1, SRIKANTH (SRIKANTH); firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: A, KRISHNA PRAMOD (KRISHNA PRAMOD)
Subject: Re: glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
On 08/03/2015 09:00 AM, S1, SRIKANTH (SRIKANTH) wrote:
> Hi Florian,
> I have attached the zone information files for your reference, we do
> not have a flavor that runs on fedora or debian,
> We tried both ways of setting TZ variable,
> Using zone name eg Asia/Kolkata or specifying the filename itself ":/etc/localtime"
> Please note that it works for a few zones like eastern central etc,
> but for others the timestamp goes to UTC/GMT
Thanks, I will try to figure out what is going on.
One more question: Have you run the glibc testsuite? Did it report any FAILs?
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security