Re: whitelisting additional matherr funcs for conform tests

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> would it be possible to whitelist these two funcs for the ia64 port ?
> not sure if that's easily possible with the code as-is, and whitelisting
> it for all arches seems wrong as it'd allow other ports to screw up too.

I think you need to whitelist it for all architectures.

I'd like eventually to obsolete matherr support (turn matherr /
_LIB_VERSION into compat symbols, give new symbol versions to the relevant
libm functions that go to new wrappers that just set errno without
allowing for matherr), but I suspect the part of that involving new symbol
versions that don't use matherr would be hard with the ia64 implementation
(matherr handling could still be disabled for static links, which would
deal with this whitelist, however).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com