Re: Design goals of the dynamic loader.

> I disagree with the design goals as they're stated.  I won't waste
> time with this though because I don't see anybody agreeing with my
> more conservative stand on how robust the dynamic linker should be.

I think we can discuss it further to understand your rationale better,
if you care at all.  Do you disagree with the notion of getting to an
ldd that does not involve running rtld?  If you intend to support the
ldd case, then the motivation for graceful handling of bad ELF files
is clear.  If that is not the sole motivation, then I would like to
hear you elaborate on what other motivations lead you to wanting this
sort of change in rtld.

Thanks,
Roland