Re: Fix grp.h endgrent, getgrent namespace (bug 18528)

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015, Roland McGrath wrote:

> That looks fine, but I think it would be nice if grp.h got a comment
> explaining how the visibility of these declarations has changed in the
> standards and in glibc.

Apart from a limited period where there was a bug in POSIX and that bug
was reflected in glibc, the visibility *hasn't* changed; the group of
three declarations was always meant to go together under the same
conditions.  The details of past bugs seem like a distraction for normal
readers of the header.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com