Re: [RFC/PATCH] ARM: VDSO support

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015, Nathan Lynch wrote:

> This patch adds support for the ARM VDSO to glibc.  I have run make
> check on OMAP5 using kernels with and without the VDSO, with no new
> failures.

How does this compare to the implementations for other architectures?
What are the points on which the VDSO interfaces vary between
architectures?  It would seem desirable for the code to be factored so
that the ARM code only contains the minimal set of things that are
necessarily ARM-specific (for example, just declaring the ARM-specific
choices before including architecture-independent files shared by all
architectures that can get these functions from a VDSO).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com