This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
TLS, 2015 edition
- From: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at google dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:50:29 -0500
- Subject: TLS, 2015 edition
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Through a series of unfortunate events (starting with an infinite loop
in an obscure Java test) I seem to have inherited the async-safe TLS
>From what I can tell, there has not been much discussion following the
patch reversion during 2.19's release process, aside from the proposal
for a thread properties API:
So where are things at now? From the extant discussion, I gather that
there were some fundamental philosophical differences, and not even
much meta-consensus on what consensus might look like. :-) Has
anybody spent any time since then, thinking about this?
If there are not any near-term prospects for agreement, I can fall
back to fixing the immediate bugs in the Google-local patch, ugh.