This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] elf.h SHF_EXCLUDE signed int 31 bit shift triggers undefined behaviour.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:28:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] elf.h SHF_EXCLUDE signed int 31 bit shift triggers undefined behaviour.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1427193579-26102-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <55117118 dot 1080706 at arm dot com> <20150324211541 dot GA2318 at blokker dot redhat dot com> <20150325212521 dot 0ACA12C3B93 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 14:25 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Please participate in the other thread trying to figure out a testing
> strategy. I think it's tractable.
To be honest I am not as optimistic and like my simple one character
patch better. But if others are as positive as you are then I certainly
don't mind a different solution. As long as the problem gets fixed.