This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] CVE-2014-8121: Fix nss_files file management [BZ#18007]
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:05:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] CVE-2014-8121: Fix nss_files file management [BZ#18007]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EB120A dot 1010202 at redhat dot com> <5506F010 dot 1090608 at redhat dot com> <mvmlhil1n5g dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <871tkdtg89 dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <mvmbnjh1c3v dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <87wq25s0dh dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de>
Florian Weimer <email@example.com> writes:
> Maybe. But we cannot remove the old API (there are external NSS
> modules, after all). Therefore, such a change would only increase
There is no way around.
> Ahem, I think the commit message of my patch explains this quite
> clearly. The code Ulrich added to deal with this corner case didn't
> work as intended because a flag was not set correctly.
Since it doesn't fix the bug, it doesn't make sense.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."