This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Harden powerpc64 elf_machine_fixup_plt
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:35:17 +1030
- Subject: Re: Harden powerpc64 elf_machine_fixup_plt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150319235208 dot GB26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150320152245 dot GJ23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150324025547 dot GJ26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <55117913 dot 3080308 at twiddle dot net>
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 07:47:47AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On 03/23/2015 07:55 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> > However, an ifunc resolver must return an address. Targets that don't
> > have pc-relative addressing, and don't implement some form of
> > gp-relative addressing, calculate even local PIC addresses by loading
> > a GOT entry.
> True. But easily fixable by mandating the implementation of gp-relative
> addressing when implementing ifunc. Do we have any left that miss this
powerpc is in this category. powerpc64 -mcmodel=small or
-mcmodel=large also. hppa also, I think.
Australia Development Lab, IBM