This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Harden powerpc64 elf_machine_fixup_plt
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 07:47:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: Harden powerpc64 elf_machine_fixup_plt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150319235208 dot GB26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150320152245 dot GJ23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150324025547 dot GJ26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 03/23/2015 07:55 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> However, an ifunc resolver must return an address. Targets that don't
> have pc-relative addressing, and don't implement some form of
> gp-relative addressing, calculate even local PIC addresses by loading
> a GOT entry.
True. But easily fixable by mandating the implementation of gp-relative
addressing when implementing ifunc. Do we have any left that miss this
criteria? Most of the ones that don't have gp-rel also don't have ifunc.