This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] elf.h SHF_EXCLUDE signed int 31 bit shift triggers undefined behaviour.
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:13:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] elf.h SHF_EXCLUDE signed int 31 bit shift triggers undefined behaviour.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1427193579-26102-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com>
On 24/03/15 10:39, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Any use of SHF_EXCLUDE in code that tries to check it against sh_flags
> will trigger undefined behaviour because it is defined as a 31 bit shift
> against an signed integer. Fix by explicitly using an unsigned int.
there is another proposed patch for this
> ChangeLog | 4 ++++
> elf/elf.h | 2 +-
> 2 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
i think changelog entries are supposed to be submitted separately