This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Remove HAVE_ASM_PPC_REL16 references
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:35:46 +1030
- Subject: Re: Remove HAVE_ASM_PPC_REL16 references
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150319103457 dot GF28603 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <550C3FE5 dot 4030002 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:42:29AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 03/19/2015 06:34 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> > Found when writing a testcase for the powerpc __tls_get_addr
> > optimization.
> > In bc0cdc498 the configure check for HAVE_ASM_PPC_REL16 was removed
> > on the grounds that the minimum binutils supports rel16 relocs. This
> > is true, but not all references to HAVE_ASM_PPC_REL16 in the sources
> > were removed.
> > * config.h.in: Remove HAVE_ASM_PPC_REL16.
> > * sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/tls-macros.h: Remove HAVE_ASM_PPC_REL16
> > and false branch of conditional.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/swapcontext-common.S:
> > Likewise.
> LGTM. Alan, Please feel free to checkin this kind of obvious stuff,
> just mark your subject [COMMITTED] or something such that when we troll
> patchwork we can mark it done.
Thanks, now committed.
Australia Development Lab, IBM