This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: For review: nptl(7) man page
- From: Nicholas Miell <nmiell at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: linux-man at vger dot kernel dot org
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 14:38:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: For review: nptl(7) man page
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <550ED3F4 dot 1080403 at gmail dot com>
On 03/22/2015 07:38 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
I wrote a short man page documented some of the details of
NPTL that might affect application developers. Review comments
would be most welcome.
POSIX specifies that process-shared pthread_mutex_t's can be manipulated
by independent processes, however the AMD64 and i386 versions of the
mutex structures are incompatible and cannot be shared.
This might be true of the other supposedly sharable primitives, I never
bothered to check the rest when I first noticed the problem with mutexes.