This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: powerpc __tls_get_addr call optimization
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:04:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: powerpc __tls_get_addr call optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150318061145 dot GE24573 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5509B0D4 dot 2020903 at redhat dot com> <20150319025631 dot GC28603 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <550B94FC dot 3070903 at redhat dot com> <20150320075502 dot GC26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150320152712 dot GK23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <550C4152 dot 5020206 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqrTWXs=rped5Tm-__Ezu9w0_D=JQpkGRRwKJgKOMAyPQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150320161448 dot GL23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CAMe9rOqXk=kF5cUO2bQG0ebto5=2QeSZ6Kj=daRXxUL-n2UzyQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <550C4909 dot 7070908 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqeFhbXa_yHG6Oh29cQJPs6Q7H5Bg6wvZJ36=as_R8ktA at mail dot gmail dot com> <550C5A3E dot 2090309 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOo6jvWg+SSDKnaJDBq3JMP5UL+x4tJ6GitYApXa--bm9g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/20/2015 01:37 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 03/20/2015 12:24 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>>>> Another thing, x86 and x86-64 TLS DESC spec should be
>>>>> in x86 and x86-64 psABIs, not a URL.
>>>> Agreed. As should the TLS specification instead of a URL reference to
>>>> tls.pdf which is going to get out of date.
>>> TLS spec is too big to be included in x86 psABIs unless
>>> Ulrich contributed patches for tex source to x86 psABIs.
>> Yes, the whole spec is too big, the psABI would have only
>> the portion for x86.
>> Does that make sense?
> Sure. Patches are welcome.
Thanks, just making sure you didn't object.