This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: The GNU C Library BoF at GNU Tools Cauldron and/or FOSDEM?
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, Christoph Lauter <christoph dot lauter at lip6 dot fr>, "Melik-Adamyan, Areg" <areg dot melik-adamyan at intel dot com>, Steven Munroe <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>, Adam Conrad <adconrad at 0c3 dot net>, Khem Raj <raj dot khem at gmail dot com>, Michael Kerrisk <mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:39:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: The GNU C Library BoF at GNU Tools Cauldron and/or FOSDEM?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55087DED dot 4090109 at redhat dot com> <550A16F1 dot 8000301 at archlinux dot org>
On 03/18/2015 08:23 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 18/03/15 05:18, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Every year we aim to have a glibc BoF at the GNU Tools Cauldron.
>> I would like to open up the discussion to see if people will be
>> attending other FOSS conferences. For example should the
>> community aim to have a glibc BoF at FOSDEM?
>> To remind everyone of the conference dates:
>> * GNU Tools Cauldron - August 7-9, 2015, Prague CZ. 
>> * FOSDEM - Jan/Feb 2016, Brussels BE. 
>> Will you be attending one or the other? Both? Something else?
> It would be great if there there was a way that people who (a) do this
> on a volunteer basis and/or (b) live very far from those venues, could
> still participate in the BoF without attending. The BoF always seems
> like something where increasing the audience beyond those in the room
> would be useful.
> I fit in both (a) and (b) so I will attend neither unless $DAYJOB
> coincidentally has me travelling to Europe in that time frame.
Noted and taken into consideration. We could run a hangout, and I'll
see how we might do that.