This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] CVE-2014-8121: Fix nss_files file management [BZ#18007]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:00:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] CVE-2014-8121: Fix nss_files file management [BZ#18007]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EB120A dot 1010202 at redhat dot com>
On 02/23/2015 12:42 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Robin Hack discovered that Samba would enter an infinite loop when
> processing quota-related requests. It turns out this is a bug in the
> nss_files database. Performing a lookup in the middle of an iteration
> (say, getwuid between getpwent) effectively resets the file pointer, so
> that the iteration starts again from the beginning.
> Tested on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu. Okay to commit?
Can we at least fix the most common instance of this bug?
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security